MUSIC & SCRIPTURE
Hosanna (2 Corinthians 4:18) – All of the Above by Hillsong
Our God Is Love (1 John 4:9-10) – A Beautiful Exchange by Hillsong
With Us (Psalm 46:10-11a) – God Is Able by Hillsong
Unending Love (Romans 8:38-39) – God Is Able by Hillsong
The Wonderful Cross (Galatians 6:14) – The Noise We Make by Chris Tomlin
TEACHING: The Next Generation Church – Makes Christ Known
Pastor Mike draws lessons from the apostle Paul’s debate with the philosphers at Mars Hill to demonstrate how the next generation church can make Christ known. To help others know Christ requires us to know the culture and to recognize that “church” goes beyond just a Sunday meeting.
- What do you think the Church will look like in 10 years? How might RBC be different?
- Do you tend to think of church more as someplace that we go, or as something that we are?
- Read Acts 17 again. How could Paul’s approach to the philosophers be applied to modern day “Mars Hills”?
- Think about where you live or where you work. How can you make Christ known within the culture of your job or community? How can you be as shrewd as the steward in Luke 16 (or as Wegman’s)?
- How might we help each other make Christ known in greater ways?